12 Month Contract Full Time Position (Maternity Coverage)
Indigenous Interprofessional Primary Care Team
Pay rate: To be Determined based on experience
Under the direct supervision of the IIPCT Executive Director, the Registered Nurse (RN) will be working within the multi-disciplinary team to address the needs of the clients in addressing factors which affect their overall health and wellness. The RN is a health care professional who will use their nursing skills, knowledge and judgement to effectively assist clients and families to attain their optimum level of health and wellness. The RN will take a wholistic approach to care with an Indigenous lens.
• Perform physical assessments, triage, health education/counseling, history taking and other clinical activities according to the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Perform clinical duties by assessing clients for foot health to treat and prevent disease
• Advocate on behalf of the client with regards to equitable access to Traditional Healing and western health services as directed by the client
• Document encounters in the electronic records software; Record and maintain all data as required
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of treatment, education, counseling and health promotion programs and services for individuals, families and the community with an emphasis on those living with or caring for someone with a chronic condition or at risk of developing such conditions
• Work in a manner that incorporates health promotion and recognizes the determinants of health
• Documents group and individual encounters in the electronic records software; Record and maintain all data as required
For the full job description and details on how to apply, please see the attached PDF here.